|If you're using...|
Workshare Professional/Protect/Compare 7, 7 FP1, 7 FP2, 7 FP3
On March 10, Microsoft provided a security update for Word 2010 and Word 2007 to resolve vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution. This security update has known issues with Workshare Professional/Protect/Compare 7 (including FP1, FP2 and FP3). Workshare 7.5 and later are not affected.
If you have the security update installed, you may find some options in the Workshare ribbon in Word and PowerPoint are not responding if they also involve the Workshare panel, such as “Compare” and “Content Risk”.
This issue does not occur with recent versions of Workshare Professional. Workshare recommends you upgrade. You can download Professional, Compare and Protect 9 from my.workshare.com
. Simply log in with your email address and go to the Admin Console
. For more information, see the Workshare 9 Downloading and Licensing Guide
and the Workshare Professional/Protect/Compare 9 Installation Guide
. If you need any assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
If you are unable to upgrade, you can install a fix. Follow these steps:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Download the .ZIP file attached to the bottom of this article.
- Extract the contents of the .ZIP file. There will be three folders:
- Compare HTML IUI
- Professional HTML IUI
- Protect HTML IUI
- Copy all three folders and paste them into your Workshare Modules folder.
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Workshare\Modules
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Workshare\Modules
- The Confirm Folder Replace dialog box will appear. Select Do this for all current items, then select Yes.
- The Copy File dialog box will appear. Select Do this for the next 48 conflicts, then select Copy and Replace.