Extract MSI files and prerequisites from the Workshare Professional 10 EXE
Learn how to extract the .MSI files and prerequisites from Professional 10.0, Compare 10.0 or Protect 10.0 by using the /layout command
To extract the MSI files and prerequisites from the Professional 10 .EXE:
- Create a folder on your computer. This folder will be used in later steps to store the extracted files.
- Download the executable for Professional, Compare or Protect. Find out how: Download, install and license Workshare Professional
- Put the executable into the folder you created.
- Open the MS-DOS command prompt (Start>run>cmd) and navigate to the folder you created.
- Run the layout command on your bundle: Workshare.Professional.Bundle.exe /layout
If you're using Compare, Protect or the 64-bit version of Professional, substitute Workshare.Professional.Bundle.exe with the name of your executable. Names of the executables can be found in the table below.
Note: If you're prompted to install the .NET 3.5 framework after running the layout command, restart your computer and run the layout command again.
The prerequisites will be downloaded to the folder.
For installation instructions, see the Workshare Professional 10 Installation Guide