Installing Workshare iManage Integration Server
Learn how to install WIIS so you can launch comparisons from the Work 10 browser environment.
The Workshare iManage Integration Server (WIIS) provides the APIs needed to embed Workshare's comparison technology into the Work 10 UI. It also provides the Workshare Compare Online web interface so that comparisons launched from Work 10 can be displayed in a browser.
When WIIS is installed, the user can launch comparisons using the context menus in Work 10. The experience depends on which configuration you’ve set up. Possible configurations include:
- Workshare Compare Server installation: The comparison is run in the Compare server and displayed in Compare Online in a browser.
- Workshare Compare Desktop installation: The comparison is run and displayed in the Compare Desktop application.
- Workshare Compare Server and Desktop installation: If you have both installed, users can choose to run the comparison in the Compare server and display it in Compare Online or run and display it in the Compare Desktop application.
iManage Work 10 versionsiManage Work 10 must be installed on premise (either at your offices or a cloud data center that you control).
- For iManage Work 10.0.2 to 10.1.3:
- Use WIIS 1.0 (if you work with Workshare Compare Desktop 9.5.3 or below)
- Use WIIS 1.1 (if you work with Workshare Compare Desktop 9.5.4 or above)
- For iManage Work 10.2:
- Use WIIS 1.2
Note: WIIS 1.2 can also be installed for iManage Work 10.1.3 when you’re working with Workshare Compare Desktop 9.5.4.
To install WIIS:
- Extract the zip file to a single folder.
- Edit Configuration.ps1 to provide specific details of your environment. You must provide:
- $WorkServer: The full URL of your Work 10 server. Both the WIIS server and users' web browsers must be able to connect to this URL.
- $CompareServer: The full URL of your Compare Server. Users' web browsers must be able to connect to this URL.
- $ThisIntegrationServer: The full URL of WIIS. Users' web browsers must be able to connect to this URL.
Note: You may also edit this file to change the install location of the application, and to provide an SSL certificate to use.
- Run setupserver.ps1. This will:
- Install the prerequisites needed to run the ASP.NET application
- Install the ASP.NET application
- If an SSL certificate is provided, bind install the certificate and bind the service to HTTPS
- Make sure the application is bound to HTTPS.
If you did not provide a certificate, then you must make sure WIIS is available on HTTPS. This is done through Internet Information Services Manager (IIS Manager). A self-certifying certificate can be used - see the section on HTTPS (HTTPS and SSL certificates).
- Look in IIS Manager to check the DvWork10 site is running.
- Navigate to https://<<WIIS-URL>>/admin (where WIIS-URL is the name of the server where you installed WIIS) to verify that the values you provided in Configuration.ps1 have been successfully applied.
Adding Workshare options to Work 10's menus is done by installing a configuration file on the Work 10 server. First you download the configuration file from WIIS and then you install it on your Work 10 server. The install process varies according to your version of iManage Work 10.
Downloading configuration file from WIIS
- Navigate to https://<<WIIS-URL>/admin. The page shows the details of your servers from Configuration.ps1.
- Click the Generate Web Extension Configuration button.
Installing WIIS extension on iManage Work 10.1.3 and below
- Copy the configuration file to your Work 10 server. The workshare.zip file should be copied to <<WorkSite Root Folder>>\web_module\ext\installed. In a default installation, this folder is C:\Program Files\Autonomy\WorkSite\web_module\ext\installed.
- Restart the Work 10 service.
The Work 10 service reads its configuration on start up. You can verify that the extensions have been installed in the Worksite log - <<Worksite Root Folder>>\Apache\logs\worksite.log. You should see an entry like:
[2017-08-17 16:37:30,394] [tid 7520] [ip -] [user -] [persona -] [client -] [ws.login.oauth2client] [INFO] Registered client "Workshare Integration" with 3 extension(s)
Installing WIIS extension on iManage Work 10.2 and above
- Navigate to the iManage Work Control Center at https://[work-server-name]/work/cc/.
- In the left menu bar, scroll to Configure > System Setup > Applications.
- Click the add button in the top right of the screen.
- Upload the zip file downloaded from the WIIS server – either by drag & drop onto the dialog or by browsing for it.
- Do not click Continue yet. Wait for Work 10 to process the uploaded file.
- Once the above screen is displayed, click Continue.
- Under Client Type, select the Confidential radio button.
- Click Continue.
- The above screen enables you to restrict WIIS functionality to specified users or groups. This can be changed later – refer to iManage Work 10 administration guides for details.
- Click Finish. The application is installed and a confirmation message is displayed.
HTTPS and SSL certificates
All interaction between the Work 10 server, WIIS, Compare Server and the users' browsers must be over HTTPS. This is because authentication of the user for the WIIS is handled by OAuth2 on the Work 10 server.
Users browsers must trust the certificates of the Work 10 server, the WIIS and Compare Server.
The WIIS must trust the certificates of the Work 10 server and Compare Server. There are no direct HTTPS calls from the Work 10 server to the other servers: the interaction between Work 10 and WIIS is initiated from the Work 10 web UI in a browser.